Friday, July 22, 2011

Space!

A few weeks before Aaron's arrival, I went to a local quilt shop with GG and my mom. They had an incredible space panel hanging on the wall that I knew I had to have, but it hadn't come in yet. I put my name down on the waiting list and have been anxious to see it ever since. Well, a few days ago they called to let me know it was in and I asked GG if she would pick it up for me next time she was there.

So, yesterday, GG and mom went to Pinwheels and Posies to pick up my panel and decided to do a fun project for the day. (They spend Thursdays together having fun and getting into trouble... they enjoy their project time!) My mom came by yesterday evening and surprised Caleb with a little gift from GG and mom.

First peek into the bag...
A pillowcase (and pillow) with rockets, space shuttles, and astronauts....
...and another pillow with planets and stars! 

The panel I plan on quilting at some point in the future. 
I'm so excited about this panel! I plan to quilt it (with lots of help) and then hang it low in the playroom so it will be on Caleb and Aaron's level to look at! 
Below are a two videos of a happy boy! I couldn't choose just one...he was just so excited both of them! 



Last night we let Caleb sleep with the smaller pillow. He cuddled with it for quite a while before he fell asleep. It was cute to watch in the monitor. When I went upstairs to get him this morning, he was pointing at it as I walked in the door! 

Thanks GG and Grandma for the pillows! He's loving them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment