Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Aaron: 2 Weeks Old

Aaron turned 2 weeks old yesterday! Here are the stats from his 2 week check-up:

Height: 21" (60th percentile)

Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz (21st percentile)

I was curious how Aaron compares to Caleb at 2 weeks old, so I checked Caleb's baby book this afternoon. They are identical in height, but nearly a whole pound different in weight. (Caleb was 6 lbs 12 oz at 2 weeks old)

Aaron's appointment went really well. The doctor was very pleased with his weight gain (said he's an over-achiever). We're still keeping an eye on the blister on his tongue, but as long as it doesn't grow, she said she isn't worried about it.

As a family, we're beginning to find some normalcy again. Jonathan worked from 10 to 5 today (he stayed home with Caleb this morning while I took Aaron to his appointment) and I did ok with both boys. Caleb has definitely become more clingy with me, especially when Aaron is nursing, so I'm having to figure out ways to interact with him during that time. It's been a bit challenging, but it's trial and error during this time and I'm ok with that. Overall, Caleb has done really well and I can't say I mind the sudden need to cuddle with me or have me play with him, he's always been independent and this Momma likes the attention : )

To help us get through the week Mal is coming tomorrow for her usual Wednesday morning with Caleb and we might have a play date with some friends later in the week. I think we might just survive with two boys (and by "we" I mean "I")... there were some tough moments today, but nothing impossible. We'll see how I feel by the end of the week though ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment