Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Countdown: 6 days???

I put the question marks in the title because I honestly have no idea if I'm going to make it 6 more days or not!

After my post on Friday about contractions I wanted to give everyone a post-weekend update. I continued to have contractions through the weekend, but still no baby Aaron. At times they get pretty close together and other times I go an hour without feeling even one. I have had a few strong ones, but they are mostly staying mild. They are causing me to be tired and generally sore, but nothing I can't manage.

I think Aaron has dropped a little, which is causing more issues than the contractions are. He either shifted his weight just right or has dropped enough that every time he moves it hurts. Little boy just doesn't have enough room to move around anymore!

I'd like to say that I've been upbeat and positive over the weekend but, to be honest, I've gotten a bit cranky. (Okay, maybe more than a bit) I'm tired of being pregnant and very ready to meet Aaron. I really don't like the waiting game. I know our world is going to change with the addition of Aaron and I'm ready to embrace it. I wake up each morning hoping "today" is the day and, as the day goes on, I become frustrated that nothing has changed. I keep praying for patience and the strength/endurance to keep positive until he gets here.

Besides my constant awareness of still being pregnant...we had a pretty good weekend. Jonathan and Dad did a lot more work on the deck (which I'll post about later). Katy spent Saturday morning taking Caleb on some errands to get him out of the house (and give me a chance to rest). We spent Sunday relaxing at home just the three of us. And GG brought over all the yummies for Taco Salad for a 4th of July dinner yesterday with my parents, GG, Papa, Derrill and us.

If all goes as planned this week (which I'm praying doesn't happen!), Jonathan will work today, Wednesday and Thursday and then start his paternity leave. I have a check up on Thursday afternoon and then Jonathan and I have paperwork to do at the hospital on Friday morning. I'm scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 10 on Monday morning and actually have the c-section at noon.

I'll try to keep everyone updated through the week. Please be praying for all four of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment