Monday, July 11, 2011

Aaron's Birth Day

Today we finally get to meet Aaron! Needless to say, we are excited and anxious.

It's amazing how time has flown and crawled at the same time. The Monday before Thanksgiving we were slightly surprised to find out Aaron was expected. It's not that we weren't trying, we just hadn't been trying very long and I was sure that since Caleb was conceived so easily, surely it wouldn't be so easy again. We kept our secret for over a month and then announced to our family over Christmas. It was such exciting news, Caleb would be a big brother!

From January until July, I've felt that time went into hyper-drive! I'm not sure what happened to winter and spring...those months are blurred together as a time of excitement, preparation and time to focus on Caleb. There have been individual days that crawled, but, as a whole, I've never had time go by more quickly. As I look back over the past week or two, I can see that they, too, flew by. However, each day seemed to drag on as we have gotten closer and closer to today. In fact, I posted on facebook yesterday morning that I was pretty sure it was the slowest morning in recorded history. It was worse than laying in bed on Christmas morning waiting to be allowed to see what Santa left!

Well, the day did go by and we're suddenly an hour away from leaving for the hospital. Caleb is just now waking up, Aunt Katy should be on the way shortly to spend the day with him, and our hospital bag is in the car.

I've heard from many friends and family over the last 24 hours sending us best wishes and reminding us that we are being prayed over this morning. We appreciate those prayers! It's such a comfort to know we are surrounded by such a community of faith. In the coming hours (and days) we will be praying...

- over Aaron, that he be delivered safely and that he is healthy! That in the coming days, he grows and thrives in a new world and that Jonathan and I make the right decisions for his benefit.

- over Caleb, that the transition from only child to big brother is as smooth as possible. We know there will be trying moments, but we hope that we have prepared as best as we could. For his time away from Mommy and Daddy this week, that he would have so much fun and so many distractions that he'll hardly notice we're gone.

- over my recovery. I'm not super excited about having to have a repeat c-section, but I believe it is the best option. I know it will take some time and I'll have to be patient (something I constantly struggle with).

- and finally, over our family as a whole. For the three of us as we become the four of us. That God may bless us during this time and we can look back at the coming weeks as a good time in our lives.

Thank you for praying for us over the last 9 months and for your continued prayer as our corner of the world changes. In just a few hours we'll be meeting Aaron and I can't wait for the moment I can hold him and kiss him and start to get to know him! It's surreal being able to count down in hours to a moment I've been waiting for since that Monday in November.

So...at this moment, the countdown is at 4 hours. And now it's time to spend a little more one-on-one time with Caleb before we head out! Can't wait to introduce you all to Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment