Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break - The Zoo

I planned for us to relax and not do much during Spring Break, and that somehow turned into a week full of adventure! I guess the best plans are those that come up unexpectedly!

A friend of mine had invited us to go to the zoo this Tuesday a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure I wanted to bring the boys out anywhere that major crowds go over Spring Break by myself, so I debated for a while. On Monday evening, while starting to get lunches packed for the zoo, I told Jonathan I wasn't sure I really wanted to go. He commented that he'd like to join us, so our almost non-existent zoo trip turned into a family day. 

The zoo was pretty crowded, but the weather was beautiful and we were prepared to be patient. The boys were really well behaved and it was a gorgeous day, so we had a great time! 

Caleb was our official map navigator of the day. Anytime we finished at one animal, he would open the map to help us find the next place to go. 
Daddy and Caleb watching the cats
With the time change, we were there while the cats were up and playing. It was fun to see so many active animals. 
Watching the cats
Taking a walking break while checking the map
Hi Mom
Caleb and I watching the apes...this one was really close to the glass. He and another ape were  stealing hay/grass from each other in a sneaky way. It was fun to watch! 
Daddy and Aaron playing drums
Lunch break...check out the relaxed boy! 
Being mischievous instead of eating
Finding our next destination on the map
All three of my guys froze at the same moment to watch a helicopter land nearby : ) They are all so alike! 
Aaron passed out before we even made it to the highway. He fell asleep with his hand in his snack container! 
Our guide showing off his map and avoiding a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment