Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bayou Wildlife Park

I'm continuing on with trying to update the blog! Now onto February! 

Sarah, Alex and the girls came to visit at the end of January/beginning of February. Jonathan was still in Japan when they first arrived, but was back in time to get in a quick visit before they went back to Colorado. 

While they were here, we had the opportunity to visit Bayou Wildlife Park in Alvin. It's literally 30ish minutes from my house and I had never been. After getting to see so many new animals Caleb keeps requesting that we go to the new zoo. (It's a month after going and he's STILL asking to go again!) I think this will be a regular place for us to visit! (Side note, as I put captions on these pictures I won't even try to tell you what kinds of animals these are...there were many exotic animals that I hadn't even heard of before. Writing this post the next day I still wouldn't have known the names...so my delayed posting has no effect on that!)

Cousins saying hi for the first time since we were in Colorado over Thanksgiving, Aaron ran to give Kaylee a big hug!
Aaron and Mommy on the tram
Caleb and Grandma Mal on the tram
Feeding "Animal A" : )
Sarah's inlaws, Jon and Ginger, joined us at the reserve. Here Jon and Lana are feeding Animal A
Caleb checking out the giraffe (there were three) - Hey, I knew that animal! 
Caleb was super excited about how close some of the animals were
Checking out Animal B
I'm sure someone is going to try telling me what all these animals are...I have hunches, but no desire to be told I'm wrong, so it's safer just to continue with Animal B : )
The big long horned animal was cool until it's horns started to hit the railing of the tram...then it was kind of scary! 
Feeding an ostrich... or emu...something like that! 
This camel had no problem getting in your face in search of food. He was literally LESS than a foot away from Aaron's face at one point! 
Walking around to checkout the barnyard animals after the tram ride. 
I'm pretty sure there was an animal in there...but you can see most of the group of us anyways! 
If you're ever interested in going to the park, there website is http://www.bayouwildlifepark.com/ I was really amazed at all the different animals they had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment