Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updates: Big Boy Bed & Projects

Big Boy Bed:
Caleb is doing great in his big boy bed! We're now on day 4 and have barely had any problems. We've kept the crib in his room so that we can remind him if he doesn't stay in his bed, he'll have to go back to the crib. So far we haven't had to use the crib once.

One night (it may have been Tuesday... but I could be wrong), we checked the monitor around midnight and noticed he was asleep on the floor. We're guessing he fell out of bed, but since it's so close to the ground, he just curled up and fell asleep with his bear and blanket where he was! He never cried! At some point in the early morning hours, he woke up and got back in his bed. When we woke up the next morning and checked the monitor, he was in bed asleep. (Yes, we are the parents that would rather he sleep on the floor than disturb him by putting him back in bed)

Besides that, there's really nothing else to report on. He is sometimes awake for 30-40 minutes before he falls asleep at night and hasn't tried getting out of bed. When he wakes in the morning, he sits in bed and waits for me or Jonathan to get him up. It's been a great transition and, as I've said before, it's really helping me not have to pick him up as much.

Projects: 
I shared a few posts ago about my new silhouette machine and the fun projects I was working on. I've been playing and learning since then, but didn't want to constantly update the blog on my crafts! As many of you know, Jonathan and I operate on a weekly cash budget. The hard part about that is I can't go buy materials for new projects until I get my allowance and sometimes there are more important things I need to get. So I'm kind of at a stand still for some things I want to do until I can save up. I've been having fun playing with the design program on my computer though and making lists of future projects.

I shared the big bro/lil bro shirts I made a few weeks ago, but still needed to do the sewing around each letter. I finally finished the first one tonight! I started on it pretty soon after I posted the pictures, but got frustrated when my stitching wasn't as nice as I wanted and distracted myself with some organization projects around the house. I finally started working on it again last night and finished today. I love the way it turned out, I just can't focus too much on all the details...it's been a while since I've done such detailed sewing and you can tell I'm a bit rusty. Guess that means I need some more projects to help me practice : )



We couldn't get Caleb to be still for a picture. So this is the best we could do! I love the way it turned out and I'm glad we got a shirt that's a little big now so he can wear it longer!

I enjoyed the project and am looking forward to finishing Aaron's onesie soon. That's really all the updates from around here. We've been having fun organizing upstairs and spending a lot of time at GG's house. Jonathan's also made a lot of progress on the deck...but I'll let him get a bit more done before I update on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment