Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big Boy Bed!

Oh my.... Caleb really is a big boy, isn't he!?!

We recently (very recently) decided to go ahead and get Caleb a toddler bed and see how things went with it. I don't want to push him into a bed before he's ready, but it would be great to use his crib for Aaron and not have to buy a whole new one.

Jonathan bought a used bed on Thursday evening and put it upstairs in Aaron's room until we could clean it up. On Friday, when Caleb woke up from his nap, I took him to look at it and said, "this is your big boy bed!" Keep in mind, it was just the frame, the mattress was standing against the wall. Caleb ran into his room, got his bear and blanket (the only things he sleeps with) and came back to climb onto the bed. I quickly put on the mattress, threw a quilt over it, and Caleb got SO excited!

This is the first picture I've ever gotten him to say "cheese" in! Such a cutie : ) 



This afternoon, Jonathan got the bed all cleaned up, tightened screws, and put a sheet on the mattress. He went ahead and put it in Caleb's room. The plan has been for it to be there for a few weeks and then we'd try letting Caleb sleep in it for a few nights and see how it goes. If he's not ready, we'll put him back in the crib for a bit longer. I'm completely prepared to let him guide us with this transition. 



When I put Caleb in his crib tonight he got really mad and kept pointing at his big boy bed. I was planning to wait a few weeks for him to try it out, but maybe we'll try nap time tomorrow and see how it goes. (In the meantime, after a few minutes he did lay down and go to sleep, but he sure was mad at Mommy!)

I'm not sure Mommy is ready for this transition, but it seems that Caleb is. I guess we'll have to see how the next couple of days go!

No comments:

Post a Comment