Sunday, June 12, 2011

Countdown: 4 weeks (and 1 night)

29 days... 4 weeks (after tonight)... about a month... it all sounds crazy soon! As far as being prepared goes, we're ready when Aaron is.
  • The pack 'n play and his blankets, newborn clothes, and burp cloths are all in our bedroom. We haven't set everything up, but we'll do that either right before we leave for the hospital or right when we get back. 
  • The car seat base is in the car ready for the car seat to be set in as we leave. 
  • Arrangements have been made for Caleb's care while we're in the hospital. (Between my parents and my sister - he'll be well taken care of/spoiled rotten!
A few of the non-essentials have been taken care of as well. 
  • The crib has been moved into Aaron's room, his bedding has been cleaned and put away. 
  • The closet in his room has been emptied and organizers put in place so that as we clean and put away bigger clothes, we are ready. (I don't plan to use that closet until he sleeps upstairs, probably around 3 months old)
There are a few more things we'd like to do soon, but none of them are big projects. We need to bring the bouncy seat and play mat down from the attic, but that should only take 10 minutes. The box of bottles needs to be sanitized and put away. That's really all the other things I can think of at the moment. Neither will take long, but they aren't essential for when he arrives either. 

Aaron and I at 35 weeks. 
I'm still doing pretty well, but getting fairly tired. As to be expected, my legs and back are pretty sore most of the time and the heat feels pretty intense... but as I've said before, things could be much worse. Caleb and I spend as much time as possible indoors and do any errands we have to do as early in the morning a possible. I do plan on reminding Aaron many times during his life that I carried him through one of the hottest May/June time periods on record for our area during a severe drought!

I had my last doctor's appointment this past Thursday. Everything is still checking out good. I'm still measuring big (38 cm), but I managed to loose 2 pounds. My heartburn has gotten a little worse lately and I'm finding it hard to eat much, but I'm working on eating more small amounts through the day. I'll go back again in two weeks and then start weekly appointments. 

That's really all there is to report around here as far as Aaron goes. I'm feeling a little anxious about all the unknowns (how will Caleb react to new baby, will Aaron be easy going or more fussy, etc.), but I know God is in control of all of it. My being anxious won't change anything, so I keep trying to remind myself of that. As my dad has always said, "Worry about tomorrow when it gets here"... no point in worrying about things I have no control over. 

Beyond that, life goes on as usual around here. We're continuing to do little things around the house that we'd like to have done before Aaron arrives, but, if he were to come tomorrow, we're pretty much ready. (Not that we want him that early....I'm ready to meet him, but he needs a little more cooking time!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment