Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Lovely Spring Weekend

It's May here in Texas (and I would assume everywhere else too)....but that means it's starting to get hot already. We've been inching into the 90s the past few weeks, but this weekend God provided a beautiful break for us! Friday, Saturday and today started out in the 60s and we've only gotten into the low 80s.... lovely!

We've been taking advantage of our "spring" temperatures by playing outside as much as possible (well, Caleb plays...I watch him...and Jonathan works!). On Friday, we got Caleb's new water table set up and let him start discovering that. My goodness - we had over an hour of total peace while he played! Between the water table and his climber/slide he's in total heaven outside.



On Saturday, Caleb and I spent the morning inside while Jonathan and my dad worked outside and Aunt Katy painted upstairs. I worked on a few organizational things, but mostly kept Caleb happy...he has a hard time when Daddy is outside and he can't be with him. Yesterday afternoon, Jonathan, Caleb and I went to a "going away" party for some close friends. They are moving to Saudi Arabia on Thursday, so we wanted one more time to get together. I hate that they're leaving, but am excited for their opportunity. (and yes - if you're paying attention this is the second couple we're sending to Saudi... no fair!) We got a few good pictures of the kids playing together. We'll miss the Acords, but I know technology will allow us to keep in touch.

There were two other boys around Caleb's age there too...but Caleb had fun with the girls : )

Playing with some side walk chalk

Sliding with Peyton - our child is fearless... he didn't even hesitate to go down the big slide! 


Between my organizing and then spending around 3 hours outside (mostly in shade), I completely overdid it on Saturday and paid for it that night. Last night I had major leg pain, some swelling and woke up with leg cramps. We decided it would be best to stay home from church so I could keep my legs up. We spent part of our morning calmly playing inside and then went outside (where I could still keep my feet up) while Caleb played and Jonathan did a bit more work. We were outside until lunch time and now Caleb is napping, Jonathan is changing the oil in my car, and I am keeping my feet up on the couch.

I'm so thankful for our "cooler" weather this weekend and all the time we've gotten to spend as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment