Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fun Projects

I'm in craft heaven this week with some fun projects I've been dying to do!

My first project was a sign for our front entry way. I've wanted a "family" sign for quite some time, but the personalized ones I've found online are $30 or more and I can't justify spending that much! I had painted the board while waiting for my new machine to arrive, so I just had to do some playing to get the vinyl cut right. It took me a few tries to get it just right, but I learned a lot in the process and LOVE the way it turned out!


My second project was another that I've been wanting to do for a while. I've seen some really cute big brother/little brother shirts on Etsy, but (again) I can't justify spending $20-$30 on shirts that my boys will outgrow quickly! I bought the shirt and onesie from Target and used my machine to cut out the letters. I've ironed them on, but still need to sew around them. That part will take a little more time, but I wanted to share my projects now!



One of the great things about having projects to work on is that I've had motivation to get my housework done early in the day so that during nap time and after Caleb's bed time I can work on projects without feeling guilty! I promise I won't constantly post about projects I'm working on, but I'm really excited about having a little time for my creative streak before Aaron gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment