Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Have the Best Husband!

I have a WONDERFUL husband! There are many reasons I could say that (he's thoughtful, caring, puts God first and his family second, etc etc etc). I hope that I brag about him as often as I should, or, at least as often as I can without him getting too embarrassed. Even with all that, there is a specific reason he ranks as the best husband right now! 

For months, I have been contemplating buying a Silhouette craft machine. (for those of you that don't know... this is a machine that connects to your computer and cuts designs out of paper, vinyl, fabric and other media) It's much more expensive than anything I would normally purchase and I've had other things to buy with my "allowance" so saving up hasn't been a possibility. My sweet husband gave me permission last week to order a machine and just take the money out of our family account rather than continue attempting to save for it (which would have taken me many more months). He knew it was something I really wanted and graciously let me get it now. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!

I've been watching for packages every day since last Tuesday, anxious for my box to get here. Well, it finally arrived today! (It only took a week from ordering to delivery - but I'm slightly impatient when I really want something!) 

The box made me super excited : )


I got it onto the counter and realized, since my husband lovingly let me get it, I should probably finish what I needed to get done for today before I started playing! (I knew once I started, I wasn't likely to stop!) So I folded the last load of laundry, made the bed, picked up the living room and did some general straightening before I took anything else out of the box. I was extremely glad that I had decided to prepare dinner this morning and have it ready to go from the fridge to the oven when Jonathan was on his way home, I think we would've been doing take out tonight if I hadn't done that!

Once those things were done, I went through the "getting started" manual and made a simple card for Jonathan to say thanks!


See how pretty the letters cut out and the little heart! 

I can't wait to begin some super fun projects! I've already got 2 projects planned.... 1 is started, I just needed the machine to get here and the other I'm still figuring out exactly what I want. I can't wait to share my fun homemade projects!

Until then, I just want to thank Jonathan again for allowing me to get my Silhouette! I'm an incredibly blessed wife! Thanks Jonathan for encouraging me to be creative! I love you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment