Monday, May 30, 2011

First Week of Summer

This was our (Caleb & I) first week of summer vacation. I thought it'd be a slow, relaxed week... haha, I was so wrong!

We started out Monday morning with grocery shopping like we always do, and, while I was walking to the deli counter, I saw GG talking to someone. As I got closer, I realized it was my Mom's cousin Leanne from South Carolina. I had completely forgotten that her family was coming into town for the week! Caleb and I finished up our shopping, went home for nap, and then went to GG's house to spend time with the family. It's been around 4 years since Leanne and her family were able to visit last and her girls have really grown up. I wish I had taken pictures, but it was fun to watch the older girls interact with Caleb.

On Tuesday, Kristen and Eli came down and we went with the family to the Kemah Boardwalk. By the time we got tickets and road the train around the boardwalk it was time for the boys to eat lunch, so we split up and then joined everyone back at the fountain to play in the water before we had to leave for nap. I didn't take many pictures, but I've borrowed a few from Mom.

Caleb and I waiting for the train
Hard to see...but Kristen and Eli were at the front, Caleb and I were behind them and in the next car were Leanne and her family. 
The boys playing in the fountain with Leah. 
Leah playing with the boys, Sierra in the background. 
On Wednesday we took a break from family. I usually spend Wednesday morning up at the church, so I did that while Mal watched Caleb and then I went to get a haircut. I didn't get home until after 4:00, so that was pretty much our day.

On Thursday, Caleb and I spent the morning at home so I could catch up on the housework I needed to do. Caleb helped me do laundry and some light cleaning before nap and when he woke up we went back over to GG's for a fish fry! We had a great time playing and eating. When dinner was done, we all went outside to sit by the water while the girls did some fishing. Jonathan and I hated to leave all the fun when it was Caleb's bedtime. The evening reminded me of the many, many times we have been spoiled by the fact that GG and Papa live on the water. I wonder how many fish we've caught off their pier over the years...

Leanne and her family left Friday morning. I'm sure they were ready to get home so they could rest after their busy vacation! I'm so glad they were able to come down and we had the chance to spend so much time together. If they had come a week earlier, we wouldn't have had nearly as much time with them.

We are so blessed to have such wonderful extended family! A few months ago, Leanne's sister and mom came down with their families and we spent a lot of time with them as well. I love my South Carolina family!

No comments:

Post a Comment