Wednesday, December 8, 2010

School Christmas Party

Last night was the PeeWee School Family Christmas Party. I had a lot of fun getting to see my 4 year olds with their families and visiting with my 2 year olds from earlier in the year. I must say the school did a great job of setting up some fun activities for the kids and making it a relaxed time for adults. I stayed for the whole event (as a teacher), but Jonathan did bring Caleb for a little while. Most of the activities were too advanced for him, but he did get to have his picture taken with Santa!

I didn't grow up taking yearly pics with Santa, so it never crossed my mind to do that for Caleb. I was a little apprehensive at first, not knowing how he'd react, but he sat there calmly while the photographer took his picture. When he was done, Santa handed him a stuffed toy. Caleb wouldn't take the toy from Santa, but when I picked him up, he took it from me! I guess we've taught him not to take things from strangers already! Silly boy, Santa is ok!

Below is the picture from Santa. I'm glad we didn't have any tears as I heard several screamers through the evening! So glad I teach (and Caleb attends) somewhere that celebrates the true meaning of Christmas and values family togetherness. PeeWee School is a true blessing in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment