Saturday, December 18, 2010

Santa Came to Town...

Well, maybe not Santa...but just as good (if not better) than Santa in my opinion. Granny and Grandpa came to visit!

My Granny and Grandpa live about 3 hours away in the middle of nowhere outside of Austin. We don't get out to see them as much as I would like. They are the ones that host the Mullinnix family reunion in July every year. Since we moved back to League City after college they have not been able to make the trip down. Various medical issues have made it difficult for them to drive that long. They finally decided they could make it, so they came this weekend to visit family and see our home for the first time!

We were so excited to hear they were planning on coming and planned for a big family get-together at our house. Unfortunately, around 9 o'clock this morning Caleb had another round of tummy trouble and we had to cancel. (Good news is everyone got together at my parents house instead - except us)

We knew Caleb wasn't contagious anymore so, after all the company left, my parents and grandparents came by the house for a quick visit. They had a chance to tour the house and then sat and visited for a while. It was nice to have a quiet opportunity to catch up with them even though Caleb hasn't been feeling well.

While they were here, they surprised us with two Christmas presents. I knew one of them was coming, but not the other. Have a look....





I love Caleb's toy box... we got to see a sneak peak last time we were visiting, but it was still in individual pieces. It looks amazing! Grandpa even put in a latch that keeps the lid from slamming shut. Caleb already loves opening and closing it! 

The second gift is a step stool. Jonathan admired one that Granny and Grandpa have at their farm and Grandpa decided I could probably use one too. The bottom step actually swings out from the bottom so it can store easier! I LOVE it! 

Am I not the luckiest girl to have a grandpa that can make such amazingly beautiful things? I have a shelf in my kitchen that he made me when I was a teenager. I look at it all the time and think of them both. It's so wonderful to have things around my home that remind me of people I love. 

We are so glad they had the opportunity to come down, I think they might be my favorite Christmas present this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment