Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day '10

Christmas Day was at our house again this year. We are so blessed to have the space for everyone to come over and celebrate Christmas together. It was also great to be here so that Jonathan could join us. He was still very weak yesterday, but had enough energy to sit in the rocking chair and enjoy our family being here. 

I woke up Jonathan early enough to make his way to the living room while I got Caleb up. Santa brought him a Mickey Mouse chair! It was fun to watch him explore it. In the pictures you can see that he went all the way around it and pointed at all the pictures of Mickey. Even today he is excited about it and constantly in and out of it. I think Santa made a very good choice! 







My mom came over early to help me get things ready. It would have been quite a challenge to get everything done without Jonathan's help. I'm so thankful that she was able and willing to do so much. Caleb was really clingy in the morning, so I put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for him to watch while we worked in the kitchen. I thought it was cute that he was sitting in his Mickey chair watching Mickey! 





Before too long, everyone started to arrive. We had a total of 16 of us here. It was so nice to be surrounded by all of our family. Just for us to remember in the future, "everyone" included: My parents, Thomas, Kristen, Eli, GG, Papa, Derrill, Katy, Mal, Sarah, Alex and Lana (and the three of us, of course)! By the time everyone got here, I was lost in everything going on and forgot to take a lot of pictures. I really need to get better about that! 

Grandma and Caleb before the craziness began! 
GG and Papa arrived with a fun new toy for both of the boys....scooters! For the next 30 minutes or so we had scooters going in circles! Caleb already loves his even though he's a little small for it, I think it will get a lot of use! 





Eli got a cowboy hat and boots for Christmas. Aunt Kristen thought it would be fun for Caleb to try on the hat too! I love his expression : )



Shortly after this picture he took off the hat. He doesn't really like anything on his head! 


And the last picture is of the boys playing together. Any time Eli is over it seems that they are following each other around. 

We had a wonderful Christmas day! Caleb got several great toys that he'll be able to grow into and learn with. Jonathan got a box for screws/bolts for the garage and I was given a few things for the kitchen. We are so thankful for all that we received and the time we got to spend with our family. 

We have one more Christmas celebration this afternoon at Jonathan's mom's house and then it will be time to start taking the decorations down. It's been a great few days, but I think I'm ready for a break! I think we've worn out Caleb....he slept until 9:15 this morning! 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment