Saturday, April 17, 2010

Herb Garden

I may have overdone it again...

I've been planning to tear out all the dead plants in one of the flower beds in the backyard to make my own herb garden. Well, today I put that plan into action. Jonathan took charge of Caleb this morning while I got to work. I had to dig out the dead/mostly dead bushes, clean up the grass and weeds that had taken over, work up the soil, plant my new herbs and add some soil. Luckily, it went as I thought it would. I knew it would be a large undertaking because it had become so overgrown with weeds and grass. (This flower bed was dead when we moved in and left on it's own since the beginning of last summer.)

Jonathan took some pictures to show my progression through the morning and helped me when Caleb was playing or taking his nap. It was a lot of work, but I'm so excited about it! I cut back two of the Indian Hawthorns (hopefully helping and not hurting them) and I even have a tomato plant hanging in the topsy turvy! I just hope I don't kill everything I planted today. I have never been known to have a green thumb!

When I finished that flower bed, I planted some pretty annuals in pots to go on the back patio. I wanted vibrant colors to brighten up the yard! Caleb joined us for part of the morning and had fun playing while he watched Mommy and Daddy. Our little boy sure does love being outside!


(We didn't get a pic from before I started, but just imagine the plants lined up on the grass in the holes in the flower bed instead!)






No comments:

Post a Comment