Friday, April 2, 2010

Children's Museum & the Zoo

Caleb and I have begun to explore what Houston has to offer!

Last Friday, our playgroup met at the Children's Museum in Houston for a morning of fun before heading to a nearby park. Our museum has a "tot spot" upstairs specifically for kids younger than 3. There is a soft area for babies with mirrors and small toys and there are other areas appropriate for kids crawling and toddling around. We spent a lot of time in front of the mirrors this visit, but when he starts moving I see us really taking advantage of such a great place to play! We then went to Hermann park for a picnic lunch after everyone finished playing. On the short 5 minute drive to the park, Caleb fell asleep so I put him in the stroller and he slept through most of our picnic! He happened to wake up as I was getting finished with lunch though, so we enjoyed sitting near the water and listening. As much as other people really distract him, sounds in nature seem to distract him even more. Wind, water, birds...they tend to catch his attention and hold it! It was very cute to watch him try to figure out what he was hearing. We had a great time even though I got a teeny bit lost on my way there!




On Monday, Caleb and I joined Aunt Kristen and Cousin Eli at the Houston Zoo. I love that we can both drive around 30 minutes for the boys to spend time together! I enjoyed watching Eli get excited about different animals and walk everywhere! To think, in a year Caleb will be doing those things! Caleb wasn't really interested in the animals, but he enjoyed being outside and getting the fresh air. We brought a picnic lunch and enjoyed watching the ducks and swans while we ate by the water. Soon after lunch both boys got tired and fussy, so we decided to call it a day. We must have worn out Caleb because he napped on the way home, was up for an hour or so and then took another nap at 3:30 and I had to wake him at 6 to eat. I was worried that he wouldn't go to bed after taking a nap so late, but he went to bed at 7:30. I guess all the fresh air did him good!




Eli decided our stroller looked more comfy, so I pushed him....


.... while Aunt Kristen held Caleb!


Caleb loves the elephant we got to commemorate his first trip to the Zoo!

I'm so glad that the weather is finally beginning to get warmer and we'll be able to get out and do more. And I love the friends and family we get to do things with!

No comments:

Post a Comment