Sunday, April 4, 2010

Caleb's 1st Easter

I guess we've had a full Easter weekend instead of just a day!

Caleb had his first Easter Egg hunt on Friday with our play group. Jonathan decided to take off on Good Friday so we could spend the day together. It turned out to be a cooler morning than we expected, but that didn't stop us from collecting an egg! Yep, one egg! Caleb wasn't too interested in picking up the bright eggs from the grass, so I was patient for one and then decided to watch the other kids. We'll do more next year when he is more likely to get the idea. For now, it was nice to get a few pictures!





On Saturday, we all went up to Houston to watch the Robonauts, Jonathan's old high school robotics team (which his work group sponsors/mentors). We watched a match and then had lunch with the team. We weren't there very long, but I enjoyed meeting more of the guys Jonathan works with and letting Caleb enjoy being outside. (We had lunch at Discovery Green, a park in Houston) I think I have a future robotics member in my house! Caleb wasn't at all scared by the loud noises and was actually excited at some points during the match. I guess I should've known, with Jonathan as his Dad he doesn't stand a chance!



We enjoyed church on Sunday morning and then hurried home for some family time! We had a houseful of family over for a late lunch to celebrate Easter. I loved looking around our table at our family all gathered together. We are so blessed to have so much of our family nearby.




By the end of the day on Sunday, Caleb was exhausted! We started his bedtime routine around 5 because he couldn't last any longer! We've been trying to relax since then and take it easy! My little man likes his schedule and routines! Hope everyone else had a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment