Friday, June 22, 2012

Mullinnix Family Reunion '12

Our Mullinnix family reunion was at the beginning of June, but I haven't had much time to sit and work on my blog post. I think I've also been avoiding it a bit. The reunion forced me to accept that Grandpa wouldn't be there and I'm not sure I'm ok with that fact yet. I don't know how everyone else felt, but (while it was a great reunion) there was something missing. I think twenty years from now I'll still feel that way. 

One great thing about the reunion being at the Delhi community center is that we can walk over to the cemetery to see Grandpa's grave. Several of us brought flowers and we took some time to visit before everyone else arrived. I walked over again later on my own just to spend some time there. 

Like I said above though, it was a great reunion. Quite possibly one of the best we've had. I think it's gotten better as all the little kids have gotten older. They play more together and the adults have more time to sit and catch up. 

Jonathan and I decided to spend as much of the day there as possible, so we left early in the morning and left after dinner. The boys did great the whole day, we couldn't have asked them to be any better behaved! 

Eli and Caleb playing at the table together. 
Aaron found some pegs to steal...I mean play with
Caleb and Walker were checking out a walking stick bug. 
I've seen lots of these bugs, but never one this big!
The babies playing
Hannah Joy waiting for more food!
The old people....I mean "mature adults".... talking : ) Granny's close friend Agnes also stopped by. She (jokingly) claims to be Grandpa's adopted sister so she felt that she should be at the family reunion too!
Almost all of us around the big table
We really enjoyed the day with the Mullinnix family. It's been a rough year, but I'm glad we can still get together and catch up. It was a great day overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment