Friday, June 22, 2012

Father's Day Weekend '12

Last Sunday was Father's Day. We spent the whole weekend celebrating all the dads in our lives and had fun with family. On Friday, I truly didn't feel like cooking, so I suggested we meet my parents at Cracker Barrel for dinner. Jonathan can't say no to Cracker Barrel - so it worked out! We enjoyed a very relaxing dinner. Both boys were well behaved and we were able to catch up with my parents. 

Funny story - we gave Caleb the children's menu and asked what he wanted (it has pictures on it)....he looked and almost immediately pointed to the ice cream! We laughed and said he could have some if he ate a real dinner first, so he picked out something else. I was impressed with his understanding that he had to have something else first, so we let him have ice cream later. A few days after that, he randomly looked at me and said (seriously, word for word), "I had ice cream at the restaurant. It was good!" I was amazed at how clear the statement was and the fact that he remembered several days later! 

On Saturday afternoon, Jonathan's dad, Dao, Aunt Laura and Uncle Drew came over to celebrate an early Father's Day. I made a simple dinner and we all enjoyed a relaxed evening together. Uncle Drew even suggested going out in the backyard after dinner to kick the soccer ball with Caleb (who was running in circles after dessert). The evening ended with somersaults and cartwheels in the living room... and no, that wasn't Caleb! You never know what to expect when the Lutzes get together! 

Grandpa and Dao with Aaron and Caleb
On Sunday afternoon, we had over my side of the family for dinner. My mom offered to bring dinner, so I wouldn't have to make a big meal two days in a row, so it was an easy evening! I didn't manage to get a single picture of Jonathan the whole day! I'll have to do better next year! I did, however, get a picture of his gifts!

He had 5 cans he could open through the day. One had a gift card for amazon, the others had some of his favorite candies. 
And Pop's gift, a can with peanut m&ms and some Caleb artwork.
Uncle Derrill playing on the floor with the boys! 
I hope Jonathan had a great Father's day weekend. He's an amazing dad to our two boys! There isn't anyone else I'd rather raise these two little monsters with!

No comments:

Post a Comment