Friday, June 22, 2012

Crafting

During the spring, I was invited to join an i-spy quilting co-op. The general idea of the group was to send in i-spy quality squares and I would receive more back. For example, I could send in ten identical squares and I would get back ten different squares. (As in all ten were different from each other, I didn't have any duplicates) This was a GREAT way to get started in i-spy as it's hard to collect that many different prints (and rather expensive!). 

I've slowly been working on a quilt for the boys since that co-op started. A few weeks ago I finished the quilt top. I still haven't done the quilting or binding, but I'm so excited about the quilt, I wanted to share it anyways! 

This is my first quilt top to be completed on my own. I've done plenty of projects, but always with a little help from GG or my mom. I'm excited to say I did all the cutting, planning and sewing on my own for this one! 

The co-op is doing another exchange in July and I've got most of my squares cut to send in. I can't wait to see what cute things I get back! I've got a few more projects in mind to work on soon : )

I love getting to be crafty and creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment