Friday, May 18, 2012

Visiting with Sarah

We've had lots of visitors and events the past two weeks (hence the absence of any new posts!). 

Sarah and the girls flew in last Monday and spent two weeks in League City spending time with family and friends, Roger and his family flew in on Saturday and were here through Wednesday, and we wrapped up the end of our PeeWee school year with several events this week! (Not to mention Mother's day on Sunday, too!)

It's been a whirlwind of family and school and I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive as we started all the craziness. Now that it's all over, I can say I loved the last two weeks. Yes, we were busier than we ever have been, but it was a good kind of busy-ness! 

So...forgive me for the multiple posts coming quickly together, but this is the first time I've gotten to sit for any descent amount of time in two weeks!

- - - - - - - - 

Like I said, Sarah and the girls (Lana and Kaylee) got here last Monday. Unfortunately with our schedule, we couldn't get together until Wednesday morning. Caleb and Lana quickly fell into playing together while Mal, Sarah and I took care of the little ones. I wish Sarah lived here still, our kids are finally getting old enough to play without us supervising all the time and I know they would have fun together more often! 

All four kids and Aunt Sarah playing with the elephant!
Princess Kaylee! 
Grandma and Kaylee
Taking a lunch break! They worked up a big appetite with all their playing
Happy girl watching her sister and cousin eat lunch (Aaron was napping at this time)
The animals were eating "samwiches" during lunch according to Lana
For all of 10 seconds Lana considered taking a nap : )
Walking in circles around the house, Lana is certainly the ring leader of this duo! 

On Friday, Sarah, Mal and the girls came over to play some more. It was a shorter visit as Sarah was on her way to see Alex and his family at the Village Fair. She and the girls camped out in a trailer for the whole weekend while Alex's family participated in the cook off. She's a lot braver than I am! I'm not sure I could handle two little ones with all that activity!
Grandma and Aaron cuddling on Friday
Kaylee took a nap on me while Sarah was finishing a few projects on my sewing machine. I LOVE this picture, but not nearly as much as I love this girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment