Friday, May 18, 2012

PWS Water Day

On Wednesday, Grandma Deb came over to watch the boys while I had my end of the year work day at school. I spent the day cleaning chairs, emptying cabinets and drawers and getting my classroom ready for summer. It was a busy day, but so gratifying to clean it all out! 

On Thursday (yesterday), Grandma Deb came over AGAIN to watch Aaron while Caleb and I went to Water Day! I could have brought Aaron with me, but it would have been a long day out in the heat and he would've wanted me to hold him the whole time.. not so much fun for mommy! Grandma Mal came over at 11 to trade out with Grandma Deb so she wasn't there all day two days in a row. (Thanks Grandma Mal and Grandma Deb for taking care of the boys this week - you were both lifesavers!) 

As for water day... Caleb had a BLAST! He climbed up the big water slide first thing and froze up top. Luckily, one of my 5 year olds went up and held his hand to go down! He needed Evan to go with him a few times and then he was good on his own. I'm so thankful Evan went up so I didn't have to get wet before water day officially began! 

Soon after he got comfortable on the water slide, his best bud, Samir, found him. Those boys went down the water slide about a billion times before the day was over! Forget the little kid stuff, they are both big kids now! 


(Samir & Caleb)

Around 11, Caleb came to find me at my monitoring post (teachers had to monitor the different "rides"). He kept saying, "Mommy I want wunch!" Lunch wasn't ready yet, but luckily I had been given a teacher gift that morning with dried fruits...he ate almost the whole thing and then ate a whole hot dog and bag of chips when lunch was ready! He played so hard he worked up an appetite! 

Caleb taking a break and eating Mommy's snack
After he ate lunch, he was ready to play again! He found one of the other slides and stayed on that one for the rest of the day. At 1 we sent all the families home and started to clean up from the day. Teachers were given the opportunity to go on the slides before the company took them down. I was talked into going down with Caleb! It was a lot of fun, so much so that we went a couple times before leaving! I was soaked by the time I got in the car, what a great way to end a fun morning!


When we got home, I gave Caleb a quick bath and put him in bed for some down time (the stinker never actually fell asleep, but did have some quiet reading time). I got the chance to take a shower and get into dry clothes before Mal went home. It was so nice to feel clean after baking outside for 4 hours! Caleb and I are now sporting some great tans!

Yesterday was Sarah's last evening in town, so we had Mal, Sarah and the girls over for dinner last night even though we were so tired from water day! The kids got to play a little more and we talked before they left to go back to Mal's house. I'm glad we had the chance to visit one more time before they flew out today!

- - - - - - -

I'm finally caught up on the blog! If you're just checking, I did about 6 posts today...so keep scrolling down to see all the fun we've been having the past two weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment