Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

Roger and his family arrived on Saturday afternoon. We joined them for dinner that evening along with Laura and Drew, however I didn't get any good pictures of the evening! 

Mother's day was a crazy, busy day but we got to see nearly all of our combined families! I went to church on my own that morning so that the boys could sleep in and rest to prepare for the day ahead. I went straight from church to Jonathan's dad's house for lunch with his family. This was the only day we could figure out for all of Jonathan's siblings to get together at the same time with their dad. 

Jill and Aaron hanging out. 
Aaron enjoyed eating and playing with Dao's spoon : ) Not sure how much she actually got to eat! 
Laura and a sleepy Aaron 
Wrestle time...always happens when Roger and Ron get together! This time the kids joined in! 
"Hee haw" with Uncle Roger! 
Grandpa Ron with all 5 grandkids. It's hard to get 5 kids under the age of 5 to smile at the same time...in fact I'm pretty sure it's impossible! 
Grandpa and Dao with all four kids and their families! 
After lunch and play time we stopped by the house for about 30 minutes and then headed over to Kemah for a Mother's Day fish fry! Jonathan's mom and siblings joined my family for a great dinner cooked by my dad and Uncle Derrill! It was a perfect warm (not hot) day on the water!

Lana going to check out the water
Caleb and Lana watching the birds
Grandma Mal and all four siblings with their families
Aaron chewing on Pops while the rest of us finished eating
Caleb and Juliana enjoying their fish and cupcakes
Mother's day 2012 with my boys! 
Uncle Derrill helping Aaron walk...this mommas not ready! 
An exhausted Caleb right before we left!
I had a great Mother's day this year! During our mini break at home, Caleb and Jonathan gave me my mother's day present... a cover for my wii balance board. I've been using it to work out and the surface is very hard. This makes it more of a gel mat so it won't hurt my hands or knees so much! 

We were ready to crash at the end of the day and get ready for Moody Gardens the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment