Sunday, October 2, 2011

Caleb's 2nd Birthday

Technically, Caleb doesn't turn two until 12:01 tonight, but I'm writing his birthday post early because I know there won't be any time tomorrow. 

On Saturday, we had the family over for a small birthday party for Caleb (technically for both Caleb and Jonathan). We decided, with a two month old, it made more sense to do a family party instead of a big party with friends. I think we made the right choice. Jonathan grilled burgers and hotdogs on the grill and we had a relaxing evening with the family. It was a nice, stress-free party.

Last year I remember the strong feeling of "how is he 1 already?!?", but now that he has a baby brother, I find it completely possible that Caleb is 2. He has his well-child visit tomorrow (yes, I'm the mean mommy getting his shots on his actual birthday) and I'm interested in finding out where he falls on the percentiles. I'll share all that tomorrow.

For now, I'll just say... Caleb Joseph Lutz, we love you so much! In the past few months, you have turned into a crazy, hyper, silly little boy and it is so fun to watch you continue to explore the world around you! I hope you had a great birthday weekend and tomorrow is a super special day even with the shots!

Here are some pictures and videos from Caleb (and Jonathan's) birthday party!

GG and Aaron
Jonathan blowing bubbles for Caleb and Eli. 
Grandma Mal and Aunt Laura
Eli reading to Caleb while they had a "calm" moment
(blowing out the candles right after we finished the Happy Birthday song)


Pictures Aunt Kristen took of cupcake time! 

Opening presents. 
Caleb did great opening all his presents and Eli helped take trash to Jonathan. 
Riding on his tractor from Aunt Katy. (Aunt Katy was taking pictures for me, thanks sister!)
Drawing with new color wonder markers. 
Learning how to hit the ball with Daddy!


(Jonathan teaching Caleb how to hit the ball)


No comments:

Post a Comment