Friday, May 7, 2010

Strawberry Pickin'

Today we went strawberry pickin' at Froberg Farms in Alvin!

Kristen and Eli drove into town this morning and Katy joined us as we got together at our house. We let Caleb eat lunch while Eli snacked and then we left to go to Chick-Fil-A. The boys were great as we ate lunch and enjoyed each other's company. Once we were finished we drove out to the strawberry patch!

We had such a great time picking strawberries! I was worried that we would have a hard time finding good ones because it's the end of the season (Froberg's last day for public strawberry picking is tomorrow!), but there were still plenty and Eli even got really good at finding the red ones! While there, Caleb had his first ride in a red wagon. I was concerned that he would have trouble sitting up for very long, but he did great for quite awhile! Aunt Katy was nice enough to hold him after that, so I got plenty of time to fill my bucket! We got enough to share with my mom, Jonathan's mom and GG while we're together on Sunday! It was so much fun to pick them, I didn't want to quit even though I got far more than we will ever eat!




After we finished picking strawberries, we went in to Froberg's produce market. They had a large selection and I picked up a few new things to try. We had such a great time, I can't wait til we get to go next year! I think this will become an annual family event!

This afternoon the girls (and our two boys) stayed at the house and relaxed until our men came home. Jonathan came home at 5:30 and Thomas left work and drove down here to join us. It's seems like it's been a while since Thomas, Katy and I were all together (Thomas and Katy are my siblings). We enjoyed dinner and dessert (angel food cake and strawberries of course!) and laughing at each other. Thomas and his family are spending the night tonight and we are going to a race at the high school tomorrow morning. Kristen is running the 5k and Thomas, Jonathan and I are walking the 3k while pushing the boys in their strollers. I'll let you know how that goes later, but for now I'd better get to bed so I can wake up early in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I liked my first comment on my blog site! I have enjoyed using the shake weight for the past two weeks. I am trying to make it the whole month with working with it at least 6 days a week. If you wait a week and a half I will bring it down and you can give it a try. I love it because it is a 6 mintue workout. I bet caleb will let you doa 6 mintue workout at home!

    ReplyDelete