Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I know... Mother's Day was a whole week ago, but I've been too busy to share the wonderful things we did!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my brother and his family spent Friday night with us because we all planned to participate in a fun run hosted by our old high school on Saturday morning. It turned out to be a beautiful morning! It was a little overcast, but there was a nice breeze. Kristen ran the 5k (and placed 4th for her category!) while Thomas, Jonathan and I walked the 3k with our boys. After Kristen finished, she ran to where we were and walked the rest of the way with us. We definitely took on a leisurely pace while walking! I really enjoyed spending so much time with my brother and his family, we don't get much relaxed time together. It seems that when we do get to visit we have a lot of other things going on.





In the courtyard at Creek there was some food and drinks to enjoy after finishing the race. Our high school had major renovations done a few years after Jonathan and I graduated, so it was crazy to be back on campus because nothing looked the same! Thomas and I spent a while trying to remember where old buildings used to be... It was hard to remember even though it's only been 7 years! (Well, 12 for him!) Crazy the things you forget in such a relatively short amount of time!

There was also a fire truck at the race (they shot the starting gun from a platform on the truck). The fire people (there were men and women) walked the 3k with their uniforms on - it was really neat to watch them! We took the boys over to get a look at the fire truck while we were leaving and both got a chance to get into the truck! I can't believe our 7 month old has already had his first look into a fire truck! He got to wear a fireman hat too... but he wasn't too thrilled about that!




Thomas and his family left from the race and Jonathan and I headed back home. We did little bit around the house, but relaxed for the most part until Sarah and Lana stopped by for a visit. We hadn't seen Lana in quite a while and I couldn't believe how big she has gotten! She will be a year old in June, crazy how time flies! Caleb was very interested in watching his cousin while she crawled and stood everywhere! I think it made him want to crawl even more, he's been much more focused in trying this week : )





Sunday, Mother's Day, was super busy, but wonderful! While I was getting ready for church, Jonathan snuck out of the house and got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers! I was also surprised when I went through to the kitchen and found a cookbook stand on the counter waiting for me! I think I've used it probably 5 or 6 times already this week!

After church we came home to relax for a short while before heading to my parents house for a Mother's Day bbq. We had a great time visiting with family and Caleb took his first nap in a pack 'n play away from our house. I was a bit nervous about how well he would fall asleep somewhere other than his room... I don't know why I worry so much! He went to sleep without a fuss and slept just fine in the den! It happened that Caleb got tired right as we were getting lunch, it was nice to eat without having to pass him around or make sure someone was watching him!






We left my parents' house that afternoon a little early so that we could get home and get ready for a date! Jonathan wouldn't tell me where we were going, only that a skirt or dress would be nice. So Mal came over to watch Caleb and Jonathan and I left around 5 for our date. He took me on a dinner cruise! It was so much fun! The waters were a bit choppy in the bay, so we stayed on Clear Lake. It was fun to get a different view of the area while we ate a yummy buffet dinner.



I'm still impressed with how well Jonathan planned the day! It was packed full of events, but all with people I love! I'm so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment