Monday, May 3, 2010

A Busy Weekend

Well, you'll have to bear with me... this might be a long post! We've just had so much going on that I want to share and I haven't had any time to write.

First, I'm so proud of our little boy! He started pulling up this week (there's a video on our last post) and he is now trying to stand for a few seconds without holding on! His record so far is around 30 seconds, which I think is pretty amazing! The video I have is from the first day he started doing it (Saturday), he is already much more stable and if he starts to fall is sometimes able to correct himself! He is also getting closer to crawling! The second video shows his attempts! He's so cute!





On Saturday I went shopping and got Caleb his first pool! So, of course, we had to let him try it out when I got home! It wasn't the most beautiful day outside (hot and muggy), but he had a great time splashing in the water!




On Sunday, we went to church and then briefly stopped at home before heading over to GG and Papa's in Kemah. Thomas, Kristen and Eli had decided to come down to see the Boat Parade & Blessing of the Boats at the Boardwalk so we got together to have lunch before heading that way. My grandparents live in walking distance of the Kemah Boardwalk, so we got strollers out and took a walk with the boys, Thomas, Kristen, GG, Papa and Uncle Derrill. It was such a great afternoon with family and we loved seeing the decorated boats.












Caleb and I spent the morning recovering from the weekend! After Caleb went to bed this evening, Jonathan and I worked on the yard for a while. Jonathan needed to mow the front yard and I needed to work on the weeds in my herb garden. I'm so excited to see everything growing! The mint and basil especially smell so good! I can't wait to start using them in my cooking!

Thanks for sticking with me while I shared our weekend! Like I said, a lot has been going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment