Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Amazing Friends

For several weeks I've been slowly working on cleaning out our overgrown flowerbeds. I've spent hours out in the backyard and bagged around ten bags of weeds, dead limbs and growth, but barely made a dent in all the work that we've been needing to do. Last Wednesday at our bible study, I mentioned the stress I have been feeling and that I needed prayer for time and energy to get all the work done. During that conversation our amazing group decided to jump in and help.

Last night 7 of our friends came over with tools and gloves ready to work. There are truly no words to express how grateful I am that these men and women took time (after working all day Monday) to come work on our yard! They spent an hour and a half cutting back bushes, cleaning up dead stuff, cutting the dead fronds off the palm trees, and plenty more. It seemed that every time I looked up from the project I was working on people had finished where they were at and moved on to the next job. I lost count of the bags, but there are 15-20 trash bags waiting to go out on trash day plus piles of palm fronds. It would have taken me weeks to get to everything they did and there's no way I could have cut back the palm trees on my own! After we finished the work, we came inside to cool off with ice cream before everyone went home.

My church talks about having 2 am friends, the ones you can call at any time of night with any problem. It might not have been 2 am and it wasn't a life threatening situation, but you have no idea the stress and tension it's taken away knowing that the job is done. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful, giving people in our lives!

I wish we had taken before and after pictures, but here are a few of us relaxing after we finished and the HUGE pile of trash that goes out on trash day!






And of course I had to add one of Caleb... he was so great every time I went to work outside! He could spend all day out there and be perfectly happy! : )

Extra Note: The Perrys posted a few "during" pictures on their blog too!

No comments:

Post a Comment