Sunday, January 24, 2010

80th Birthday and Girl Time

It's Sunday evening and we're putting another busy weekend behind us! I'm hoping and praying that next Saturday we can just stay home and relax, I don't remember our last lazy day!

On Friday, Caleb and I tried out a play group! Most of the kids are somewhat older than Caleb, but I enjoyed talking to other mommies! It's a group of Christian women and I appreciate and need that fellowship time. I'm hoping to get more chances to get to know each of them (and their cute kiddos) better. Friday afternoon was one of those days when I had lots to do, but a little boy that wasn't interested in napping or playing on his own! We had a friend and her son over that evening and had a great time with them! I loved watching Jonathan play with a toddler, he's so natural with kids!

On Saturday morning my sister and I took my mom out for girl time. We had brunch at Cracker Barrel (yum!) and then went to see a movie. I love spending time with them both, we have great conversations about nothing and everything! (I'm going to use this moment to remind my sister that this is the reason she is not allowed to move to a certain town that will remain nameless...she belongs within 30 minutes of my house!) I came home for a little while in the afternoon before we headed over to Kemah for Papa's 80th birthday party! I think I'm still in shock that my Papa is 80 years old, but we did have a good time! We had GG and Papa pose for a picture with their two great-grandsons. After many pictures, we came out with a few great ones!



It was nice to spend time with family and see our nephew, Eli again. It's hard to believe that Caleb will be doing the same things in just a year!



Today was spent relaxing this morning and then going to our small group bible study this afternoon. We had intended to make it to church, but just couldn't pull ourselves together before it was time to leave. It seems like Caleb must know that bible study is time to be good. He's almost always in a good mood. He plays for a little while and when he starts to get tired, all I have to do is stand up and walk with him (more like stand in one place and bounce) and he falls asleep quickly! I wish he was that easy all the time, but I am thankful not to miss our conversation during bible study.

Now we're home relaxing and preparing for the coming week (and watching football). Like I said before, it was a fantastic weekend, but I'm VERY ready for a day of relaxation for the three of us!

Papa - Happy Birthday tomorrow, you seriously don't look anywhere near 80! We love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you came out to play with us on Friday! Next time there will be two babies more Caleb's age...they just couldn't make it this time.

    ReplyDelete