Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sarah's Baby Shower

Sarah, Jonathan's older sister, had her 2nd little girl in October this year. Since she moved out of state earlier this year, we weren't able to throw her a baby shower to welcome baby Kaylee before she was born. So, Jonathan's younger sister, Laura, decided to throw Sarah a baby welcoming party while she is in town for Christmas. Laura did majority of the decorations and planning and I helped by having the party at my house and assisting with food and drinks. 

It was nice to get everyone together to visit and give Sarah a few things for Kaylee that she didn't already have from her first little girl. A bonus was this was Laura's and my first time to meet baby Kaylee, so it seems like we just handed her back and forth between the two of us! She is a sweet little girl, very quiet so far. 

I love any excuse for a gathering and this one was extra fun since it was actually cool outside. We had hot chocolate in the crockpot, cranberry punch, and lots of warm appetizers. Thanks for cooperating Texas! 

I hope Sarah enjoyed her party and Kaylee feels welcomed! It's amazing how much you can love a new little niece even without meeting her, I fell even more in love after I got to hold her : ) Thanks Laura for thinking to throw the shower and all the work you put into it! 

Laura got to hold her right away and give her a bottle... I tried to patiently wait my turn
: )
In the excitement of meeting Kaylee, I forgot that Aunt Sarah hadn't met Aaron yet!
The two newest cousins with Aunt Sarah and Grandma Mal. 
Uncle Drew hanging out with Aaron. 
 After the shower was over and most of the guests left, we had a small Lutz family Christmas with Grandma Mal, Sarah and her family, Laura and her husband and the four of us. After that we ordered pizza and watched Winnie the Pooh (yes - the adults too!) and relaxed after a long, fun day!

Playing with Aunt Laura. 
Caleb hamming it up on Lana's new hopscotch mat. 
Lana's hopscotch mat from us. I had a lot of fun putting these together for my three older nieces and nephew!
I loved having the day to spend with my two of my nieces and I'm so glad they are in town for the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment