Saturday, April 2, 2011

We Have a Name!



Little boy is officially Aaron Robert Lutz!

A little background... My Uncle Derrill is an amazing man with a huge heart. Anytime we are going to see him, Caleb gets super excited and runs straight to him. I love watching how they play together. Half the time when we go to GG's house, Derrill is either with us or taking Caleb outside. Growing up, Derrill lived in Alaska and Idaho for most of my childhood and we LOVED every time he came to visit. We decided while we were pregnant with Caleb that if we were to have a second son, we would continue Derrill's middle name, Robert, on with our second.

With that decided, we then had to pick a first name. It took us a long time to find anything that sounded right. As soon as we though of Aaron, we knew it sounded perfect. However, Jonathan's best friend growing up (and still a friend now) is named Aaron. We had to figure out if it would be weird to call our child a name we so associate with someone else. Well - after a few months of calling him Aaron around the house, we've gotten comfortable with it.

We told my family while they were at our house last night (mostly because I couldn't keep the secret any longer). Somehow I had missed that Robert actually comes from my GG's father as well. How neat that we are carrying on a family name and didn't even realize how far it went back!

I'm so excited that I can finally call him by name now! I've been so close to slipping several times. On a side note - I'm not creative enough to think of the name tag idea - a friend of mine did it with her little one and I borrowed her idea! (Thanks Sarah, hope you don't mind) : )

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Super sweet! Caleb and Aaron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the idea from a photo online...I'm not that creative on my own :-)
    Great name. Henry's middle name is Robert after my husband.

    ReplyDelete