Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Awesome Cruise

Last week, Jonathan and I had the chance to take a vacation together! It was exactly what we both needed. 

We took a 5 day cruise out of Galveston with Carnival. We spent 5 days not cooking, not cleaning, and not chasing a toddler. Instead, we held hands, lingered over coffee at dinner, and relaxed! I even got some reading time. 

I'm not going to do a day by day recap, just share a few pictures. We made some great memories and really had a chance to be husband and wife instead of mommy and daddy for a few days. I'm so thankful we had this time before Aaron comes, I know it will be quite some time until we can get away like this again.

In case you're wondering - no, we didn't leave Caleb home all alone : ) Grandma Mal kept him for the first half of our vacation and my parents (and Aunt Katy) kept him for the last half. He was spoiled, loved on and smothered for a week.... I think it was a pretty good time for him too : )

Jonathan's first "meal" after we got on the ship....we hadn't actually left the port yet. 

Relaxing on the first day

My view

Dressed up for dinner

By a natural pool at the Mayan ruins

Jonathan at the same pool

Jonathan and I at the Dzibilchaltun ruins

My explorer husband.... I stayed at ground level and took pictures of him having fun...



Jonathan snorkeling in Cozumel

Jonathan passed out after snorkeling for 2 1/2 hours
We didn't take many pictures, but we had a lot of fun! The ruins were amazing and the beach in Cozumel was incredibly relaxing. 

By Friday evening I was ready to get my boy, but I'm very glad we had the chance to relax for a few days. If anyone out there is considering taking a cruise, I highly recommend it! 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! You guys definitely deserve it. Glad you guys are home safe. Let's plan on getting together for a couples dinner sometime after Easter.

    :-) Happy Easter!

    Love,
    Aaron & Brandy

    ReplyDelete