Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend of Friends and Family

Ok.... I think this is the last post in my series this evening...

This has been yet another busy weekend...busy, but wonderful! 

We started out with a brunch on Saturday morning with a group of people who have been wonderful friends in the two years we've known each other. I could write a post all about that, but friends that hosted our brunch have posted about it on their blog and I think Che did a great job of sharing. You can read about our brunch here. Che shares that it was their first group to lead, it was our first group to be in. That group was an amazing experience and we are now leading with the Acords. Jonathan and I have both grown so much through our time with these wonderful couples and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to spend some time together. 

If that was all we had done this weekend, it still would have been a great weekend, but we didn't stop there. We had a few hours at home for naptime and some calm play time before we went over to Grandma Mal's to have a family dinner while Sarah, Alex and Lana were in town packing up the last of their things. We had a good time catching up with the both of Jonathan's sisters and their families. Lana and Caleb had a good time playing with Grandma's toys. 

One of Jonathan's favorite toys as a kid was a push popper. You know, the toy you either push or pull and as you go with it, the balls in the end "pop". Well, Grandma brought it downstairs and Caleb immediately attached to it. He played with it for the rest of the evening. Jonathan got a cute video of Caleb running around the house with it. We also took some great pictures with Grandma...Caleb was in an unusually smiley mood yesterday, so we took advantage! 





Besides all the fun on Saturday, we enjoyed some time just the three of us this afternoon after church. Jonathan wanted to get some yard work done, so Caleb and I went outside to watch Daddy and enjoy the beautiful weather. Caleb routinely carries around my water bottle any time we're outside and today I thought I'd let him play with it a little. I may have been crazy when I decided this, I'm not sure. 

Below is a 6 minute video of Caleb having fun. He was probably playing with the water bottle for 15 minutes before I thought to grab the camera. I realize most of you won't want to watch the whole video, but enjoy the first minute! You can see Caleb's engineer mind working! 



Caleb had to change from his wet clothes as soon as we got inside, but it was fun to let him explore and discover the water bottle. 

We had a busy, fun-filled weekend and I'm sad to see it ending already. The weekends always go by too quickly. Hope everyone else had a great weekend too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment