Sunday, July 18, 2010

Starting Bottles

It's been a different week here in the Lutz household. We found out last weekend that I was not producing enough for Caleb, so we realized we'd have to start giving him bottles. He has been refusing bottles since January, outright skipping bottles knowing he would get to nurse at the next feeding. All weekend I dreaded making this change, so I waited to talk to the doctor on Monday before switching. After a helpful conversation with Caleb's doctor, we agreed to stop nursing and only feed him formula. I put off the change as long as I could til Tuesday morning. Well, he did great! I really worried for several days thinking he'd refuse several bottles before he drank one and feared the tears and tantrums we'd face... he took that first bottle like it was something he did every morning! He's done great ever since. We're still figuring out how much he needs, but that's something we'll figure out with a little time.

We've been home a lot this week as Texas is really living up to a typical July summer. It's gotten to the point that it's ridiculously hot in the car if we've been in a store for more than 15 minutes. I hate to have Caleb in and out of that! I do hope that we can get back to the YMCA this week, I've enjoyed working out and Caleb has gotten very comfortable in the nursery there.

Below are some very random pictures from the week. He seems so much bigger this week... is it possible that the formula is plumping him up already?






No comments:

Post a Comment