Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Family Reunion

Happy 4th of July! Every independence day weekend the Mullinnix family gets together for a family reunion. This includes my Dad's family, his parents and his brother's family. My grandparents live in a rural community sort of in the middle of nowhere southeast of Austin. They have a community center there that is perfect for our family to gather at. This year Grandpa put some meat on the grill (it's been a while since he's been well enough to do that) and we all brought sides and drinks to share! It was a great day! Even though we're disappointed that all the cousins couldn't be there, it was nice that all four of my grandparent's great-grandchildren were there. Of course, getting them all to smile at the same time for a picture wasn't going to happen, but it was great that they were all together!

After we cleaned up the community center, Jonathan and I headed over to my grandparent's farm to spend the night. It was nice getting that extra time with them. We weren't sure how Caleb would do for the night because the three of us were sharing a room, but he was fine! I heard him stir twice through the night, but he never cried and having us in the room didn't seem to bother him. We don't get to spend nearly as much time with my dad's parents as we do with my mom's parents, so it was so nice to have so much good time together. They've also inspired me to do some different things with my garden next year... so many ideas and I have to wait til next spring to get them started : )

Here are some pictures from the weekend - I think they share a lot more about our events than anything I could type out!

Early in the day



Grandpa helped Caleb fall asleep for a nap before everyone else arrived.


Jonathan and my brother, Thomas


My Uncle and his family


Thomas, Kristen and I with the boys


Family picture minus Katy : (


All four of the great-grandchildren


Boys will be boys...


At the farm after the reunion and Sunday morning



No comments:

Post a Comment