Monday, March 1, 2010

Great Reminder

I'm trying to rest today as much so while Caleb has been napping, I've been reading some of my favorite blogs. The women at GirlTalk posted this quite a while ago, but it served as a great reminder for me today. I've been frustrated lately at not completing the never-ending to do list I keep for myself. They posted this quote from C.S. Lewis:

“The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one’s ‘own,’ or ‘real’ life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one’s real life—the life God is sending one day by day; what one calls one’s ‘real life’ is a phantom of one’s own imagination. This at least is what I see at moments of insight: but it’s hard to remember it all the time.”

How true is it that "life" is what happens each day, not what we plan for. So Caleb being sick last Tuesday and me getting nothing done from Wednesday night through, well, some time after today. That's not an interruption in my life, but it IS my life.

GirlTalk closed with this verse and I think there's no better one to be reminded of every day.

“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment