Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trip to the Hill Country

Two weeks ago, Jonathan and I took a relaxing weekend getaway to the hill country. This was an anniversary trip of sorts because we know we won't be able to do much in December for our five year anniversary. 

We stayed at a bed and breakfast in Fredericksburg called Runnymede Inn. We highly recommend it if anyone is going to the area. It was cute, clean and had great breakfasts! We went to a few wineries, walked through the historic downtown, and ate meals without trying to entertain kids at the same time. We even got to hold hands while walking! (As in, each others' hands...not kid hands!) 

It was a great break from our usual weekend routine around home and a great way to celebrate our anniversary early. 

My engineer studying the water wheel. 
It was bright and breezy, but this is the best picture we got together! 
Pretty hills of Texas
On our way home on Sunday, we stopped by Granny's house to visit for a short while. My cousin, Ethan, and his kids were there along with my Uncle Gene as well. I wish we could have visited longer, but it was a nice visit just the same.

Lunch
Visiting with Granny
Sophie and Walker playing in the hallway just like Thomas, Katy and I used to do. 
Granny and I
 When we got home I took an inventory of our "goods" from the wineries and downtown Fredericksburg. I think we did a great job only getting our favorites even though there are a few I wouldn't mind going back for....maybe next time!


If you're ever in Fredericksburg, go to Chocolat on main street. It has AMAZING European chocolates...truly unlike anything I've ever had. There's a winery next door that is also pretty fantastic, all their wines are made in that building. I could have stayed in those two buildings for hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment