Monday, October 1, 2012

PeeWee School Fall Picnic

Howdy! Our PeeWee School fall picnic was Cowboy themed this year! We spent September learning about cowboys and the west before our family picnic last week. Caleb and I went while Jonathan and Aaron stayed home to have our bible study group. 

Caleb stayed with me while I walked around the picnic and greeted families and then Mr. Vijay (Samir's dad) watched Caleb while he played with Samir at all the booths and I stood at my class's booth. I was slightly concerned at how Caleb would do while he was stuck with me, but he did great! He really is growing up and becoming better at listening and staying with me. Of course, he was glad to get to go play when it was time! 

Mommy and Caleb! 
My class's booth at the picnic was stick horse races. All the classes had made these cute pool noodle horses during our Cowboy month and then the kids got to race them at the picnic. Samir and Caleb both enjoyed running with their horses, so I got to watch them have fun! 




After the booths closed, we sat and listened to the different classes sing their cowboy songs. Caleb wouldn't leave my side, so he didn't sing with his class. I think being tired from a long day had caught up to him at that point. It was cute to watch his classmates sing and do their movements though. 


I love the picnics our school does. It's hard to have time during drop off and pick up to talk with parents/grandparents, but at events like the picnic, we have more time to get to know each other. And it's so fun to watch Caleb play with other kids and watch him as he's grown so much since the last picnic.

A Side Note - Thanks to Aunt Kristen for Caleb's hand-me-down boots! This was the first time he's worn them and he LOVES them. He's worn them almost every day since the picnic. He was even stylin' in his khaki shorts and cowboys boots yesterday! Such a stinkin' cute boy! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment