Thursday, March 8, 2012

Finally Eating - For Real!

I never thought we'd have two such different boys when it comes to eating! I have fought off and on for two months trying to get Aaron to eat solids. At first he just screamed at me and hit the spoon away. Around a week or so ago he finally let me get the spoon in his mouth, but gagged nearly every time.

We've been blessed to have friends that offer suggestions and different ideas. Several suggested that we try finger foods and see how he does with those as he may be gagging over the texture of purees. I gave him some snacks to see how he would do this afternoon. Oh My Goodness! He loved them! The first thing I offered him were Baby Num Nums, he did pretty well with one of those and then I offered him some veggie snack sticks. I tasted one before I gave it to him and it had strong flavor. I was sure it would be too strong for him, but he took one lick and went nuts over it! He had several for snack this afternoon and then a few more while we ate dinner.

Big brother had to be in on the action too! He kept encouraging Aaron!
At some point I know I'll need to get him to start eating "real" food, but for now I'm just happy to know he's got something besides formula in his tummy!

Here's a video of the happy boy eating this afternoon....love the lip smacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment