Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

Today was Caleb's 1st birthday!

We are so blessed to have friends and family that truly love Caleb and bless his life in so many ways! Many of them came over this afternoon to help us celebrate his birthday. We have had beautiful weather here for the past week, so we were able to enjoy being outside for the afternoon. We ate plenty of food and watched the kiddos have fun playing in the yard. It was such a wonderful day!

We started out the party letting the kids play and eating a bit. It was fun to watch the kids running around and we had some lawn darts out for the adults to play. After a while, we decided it was time for cake. I made Caleb's birthday cake on Saturday. Sarah (Jonathan's sister) came over to help work on the cookies I was using to decorate the cake on Friday and then I did the actual cake on Saturday. She and I had a great time learning a new decorating technique and I really love how cute the cookies looked on the cake. I also made a smaller "smash" cake for Caleb, I didn't get a picture of it after it was finished, but we have a good one of him getting into it!




Caleb LOVED his cake! I've never seen a 1 year old really get into eating the cake without some assistance.... Caleb didn't need us at all! As soon as I put it in front of him he stuck his finger in the icing, licked it and then dove in. Jonathan started off taking pictures, then switched to a video after Caleb took a handful. I think this video is just adorable!



After cake we let Caleb play for a while before opening presents. Jonathan and I had already given Caleb the presents from us earlier in the afternoon. One was a kiddie pool with balls in it. He enjoyed playing with it all day and Lana even joined in the fun. Don't worry, at the end of the video Lana is fine! She got right back up and joined in the fun again!



After playing I helped Caleb open his gifts. He received many wonderful toys and a lot of clothes! We are so appreciative of everything he was given!

Here are a few random pictures from today:









As I said before, we are so blessed to have wonderful people in Caleb's life that love him and want wonderful things for him. Thanks to everyone for making today so special! It has been an amazing year watching Caleb grow and learn so many things. He brings Jonathan and I such joy every day. I hope the past year is just a window into what life holds for Caleb and for Jonathan and I. We love our little man so much, happy birthday sweet baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Caleb! We were thinking about you guys all day. Looks like the party was a huge success, sad we missed it. Your cake looks great! Awesome job! Did you end up making it half and half?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wished you could've been here to help celebrate! Thanks for his gift, I actually remembered to take it out for his party. He already is figuring it out!

    Yes, I made the half and half cake...it was a big hit and so much fun to cut into! Thanks for showing all the steps so I knew what to do! My cakes won't ever compare to your beautiful fondant work, but I love making them and think they are cute! It's so wonderful to be able to say I made Caleb's cake!

    ReplyDelete