Sunday, August 1, 2010

"No Mom, I can do it...."

While he can't say those words quite yet, I know that's what Caleb has been thinking!

Our little man has always been a GREAT eater. Not very picky, eats at a pretty good pace, loves being in his highchair...so when he suddenly started getting fussy during his meals last week, Jonathan and I had to think hard to figure out what was wrong. We went through several days of fussiness at every meal. It didn't matter what we offered him, he was happy in his chair until that first spoonful came his way and then he was arching his back and squirming all over the place (not to mention the crying and fussing). Well, after a few days we have figured it out... he wants to do it himself! Wow, I didn't expect such an independent spirit to begin emerging at not quite 10 months old! Yesterday at lunch we started giving him food cut up in TINY pieces for lunch and he loves it!

Yesterday afternoon we decided to try out his new found independence at Chick-Fil-A for dinner. It was amazing, Jonathan and I ate while Caleb did, as opposed to one of us feeding him while our food got cold. He ate 2 of my chicken nuggets, some carrots from the chicken noodle soup and several french fries from Jonathan's meal. Of course, it took a little time to cut and tear each of those into little pieces, but it was so nice that all three of us ate at the same time! And I didn't have to bring something from home for him!

Now if only I could teach him how to not make a mess while eating.... Ha ha, we still have a while to go before then! Guess I'll stock up on wipes until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment