Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mullinnix Family Reunion '13

The whole family minus Thomas, Kristen and Kids
This year we gathered again for our Mullinnix family reunion. I don't remember the last time we were all able to be there, this year Thomas and his family had a commitment, but everyone else was able to get together to catch up. The first weekend in June we were able to gather up at the community center to talk, play games and eat some yummy food. 

Walker and Sophie challenging each other
Clearly thinking hard ; )
Boys playing together
Eating our meal
Sarah, Dad and Katy catching up
My favorite ever picture of my Dad and his brother! 
Working on a family puzzle
Teamwork!
Aaron and I took a walk to visit Grandpa's grave...he fell asleep on the walk back! 
Caleb wandered into Granny's room while we were visiting at the farm. She found him back there and they talked about the pictures of Grandpa on the board. One of the sweetest moments I've ever witnessed. It makes me tear up just to think about it now. 
Caleb having special time with Granny
I think they both enjoyed their time together

(You have to turn up the volume to be able to hear Granny and Caleb...it's not much, but it's more to help me remember the moment)

It was a LONG day, but well worth it. I wish the farm was closer and we could visit more often, but I do enjoy the days we get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment