Monday, September 27, 2010

Jonathan's Birthday Weekend

My sweet husband turned 26 on Saturday which meant we spent the weekend in celebration mode! Unfortunately, he was still a bit weak from a stomach bug he had earlier in the week, so we tried to balance some rest in between all of the events.

We slept in and relaxed on Saturday morning before heading over to Kemah for a fish fry at GG and Papa's house. The weather was just beautiful, so we stayed out on the porch the whole afternoon and enjoyed the breeze coming off the bay. As usual, we had way too much food (fish, hush puppies, onion rings, french fries, bread, salad, cole slaw and cake), but we had such a nice time with our families.

Around the table - check out all that food!

Derrill playing with the kiddos.

Hanging out on the porch overlooking the water. SO relaxing!

Caleb helped Daddy open his presents!

Derrill hanging out with Lana.

We left around 3 so Caleb could get home for a nap. Later in the afternoon/early evening Drew and Laura stopped by to visit. They had intended to join us in Kemah, but got into town a little after we left. We had a nice time catching up with them and watching Caleb be silly, I don't think he was still the entire time they were here!

On Sunday, we went to church in the morning and right as we got home we had a phone call for something special I'll tell you all about later! We were expecting the call, but not that early, so Jonathan left as soon as we walked in the door to go take care of that while I got the house ready for a Pampered Chef party. My sister-in-law just became a Pampered Chef consultant, so I offered to host a party. I had a great time with everyone that came and enjoyed learning a few recipes. While that was going on, Jonathan and Caleb went to my parents house to hang out with Pops. It sounds like they had a great time together - I wonder if any pictures were taken?

As soon as everything was cleaned up from the party, I rode with Laura and Drew to meet Jonathan's family over at Texas Roadhouse to continue the birthday celebration for Sunday dinner. It was fun watching Caleb and Lana together for the second day in a row, they seem to like each other. We passed the "babies" around the table while everyone finished eating and had a good time catching up with Jonathan's dad and Dao.

The "babies" sat together - I guess they really aren't babies anymore!

Sarah, Alex and Lana.

Caleb with Grandpa and Dao

We both practically collapsed after we put Caleb to bed last night, but we had a great time celebrating and enjoying family during the weekend. After being so busy for several weeks now, I think my body has just given up... I woke up with a nasty cold this morning. Yuck! Jonathan is entertaining Caleb so that I can rest up and hopefully get over most of the yucky stuff today. It's unfortunate timing as a cool front moved through last night and it's absolutely beautiful outside today (high in the low 80s). Fall is definitely in the air today! I'm hoping to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather this week with Caleb. Fall is my favorite time of year with cinnamon, pumpkins, rich colors and that cool, crisp air. Not to mention, my fall present - my sweet baby boy!

I hope Jonathan enjoyed his birthday weekend as much as I did! Thank you Lord for such a wonderful man to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment